A well-stocked men’s wardrobe should include a variety of clothing items suitable for different occasions and seasons. Here’s a detailed list of items that should never be missing from a complete men’s wardrobe:
– Shirts: make sure you have a selection of basic shirts, such as long-sleeved cotton or linen shirts. The list includes at least one white shirt and other shirts in neutral colours or stripes for formal or informal occasions.
– Classic trousers: classic, versatile trousers are essential. Invest in black or dark blue trousers in quality fabrics such as wool or cotton. These trousers can be worn for formal or professional occasions.
– Jeans: A good quality pair of jeans is an essential part of any man’s wardrobe. Opt for a classic style, such as skinny or straight jeans, in a dark or medium colour. Jeans can be worn casually or even for more informal occasions.
– Sports jacket: a sports jacket is a versatile item that can be worn for many occasions, from casual to semi-formal. Choose a sports jacket in a fabric such as cotton or tweed, so that you can wear it with trousers or jeans.
– Suit: A well-cut suit is essential for formal occasions. Choose a high-quality wool suit in a dark colour such as navy blue or dark grey. Make sure the suit is tailored to your figure and have any alterations made by a tailor to ensure a perfect fit.
– Jumpers: Add several jumpers to your wardrobe for the colder seasons. Choose wool or cashmere jumpers for an elegant, warm look. Jumpers should come in different colours and styles, such as turtlenecks, V-necks or crew necks.
– T-shirts: T-shirts are essential for a casual look. Make sure you have a selection of basic T-shirts in neutral colours such as white, grey or black, which can be easily combined with other garments.
– Shoes: it’s important to have a selection of quality shoes. Make sure you have at least one pair of formal shoes such as oxfords or loafers, one pair of casual shoes such as trainers or moccasins, and a pair of boots or ankle boots for the colder seasons.
– Coats and jackets: invest in a warm, quality winter coat, such as a wool coat or down jacket. And don’t forget a light jacket for mid-season, such as a leather jacket or windbreaker.
– Accessories: don’t forget the accessories. Make sure you have a good selection of ties, belts, socks and watches that match your style and complement your outfits.
At this stage, as you may have guessed, to up the style ante, the next step is to choose accessories, which add a touch of personality to the outfit.
– Watch: a watch is a practical and refined accessory that can add elegance and sophistication to your look. You can opt for a watch with a classic design, with a leather or stainless-steel strap, or for bolder, more modern watches, such as those with coloured dials or straps made from different materials.
– Belt: a quality belt is an essential accessory that can enhance the overall look of your outfit. Choose a belt that matches your style and personality. Leather belts are always a safe choice and come in a variety of colours and finishes. You can also opt for a belt with a unique buckle or distinctive details. Depending on the type of garment, you can opt for braces instead of a belt.
– Sunglasses: As well as protecting your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, sunglasses are an essential fashion accessory for many men. They come in a wide range of styles, from the timeless aviator sunglasses to teardrop-shaped frames. Make sure you choose a pair that suits your face shape and personal style.
– Bag or rucksack: if you need to carry personal items such as a laptop, documents or personal belongings, a well-designed bag or rucksack can be a functional and stylish accessory. Opt for a high-quality, durable model, such as a leather satchel or a backpack made from hard-wearing fabric. Make sure the style and size match your needs and lifestyle.
– Cufflinks: If you wear shirts with French cuffs on formal occasions, cufflinks are an elegant and sophisticated accessory. Choose cufflinks that match your outfit and reflect your personal taste. You can opt for classic cufflinks in silver or stainless steel, or cufflinks with unique details, such as precious stones or exotic materials.
– Scarf: during the colder seasons, a quality scarf can be both a functional accessory and a fashion statement. Choose a scarf made from warm, soft materials such as wool or cashmere. Choose a colour or texture to match your wardrobe and try different ways of tying your scarf to vary your look.
– Bracelet or jewellery: if you like to wear jewellery, a bracelet, ring or chain are masculine accessories that can add personality to your look. Opt for simple, minimalist pieces for a more elegant look.
These are just general guidelines. Everything will depend on your personal style, lifestyle, tastes and preferences.